Network of ARISE Ambassadors
ARISE is working on building a Network of ARISE Ambassadors. For over 20 years ARISE has been involved in hosting Service Learning, Border Witness Visits, and Verano con ARISE.
ARISE welcomes everyone to experience the border culture and educate others about the immigrant community in order to break through misconceptions and develop long standing friendships with people who are ready to learn about the reality, challenges and blessings that immigrant families face. The role of ARISE Ambassadors is to support the Mission and efforts of ARISE in the community.
What is an ARISE Ambassador?
By committing to be an Ambassador for ARISE you commit to promote the Mission of ARISE in the general community.
“The mission of ARISE is to be a neighborhood based program which works together with low-income families to help them to create the future they wish for and to mobilize themselves to become contributing members of society.”
ARISE Ambassadors are part of ARISE:
- You make personal connections with families and staff in the community.
- You are in solidarity with ARISE communities.
- You understand that there are still great needs in the community and you want to support the ARISE communities to empower themselves to meet their needs.
As a result of your commitment as an ARISE Ambassador:
- You will be enhancing the programs of ARISE and ensuring that they continue to be available to families in the communities through your support.
- You will be recognized nationally in our Rayos de ARISE newsletter.
- Connect to other Ambassadors to create a movement for social change and grassroots empowerment for families!!!
- You will receive updates on how your support is helping the families and staff in the ARISE communities.
As an Ambassador of ARISE, you yourself are “A Resource In Serving Equality”! Do any of the following:
Make a Commitment!!
- Help advance the Mission by committing $100 a year ($8.33 a month or $2.08 a week, or only ¢.28 a day).
- Schedule a fundraiser (sell cakes, host a game of bingo or “chalupa” as we like to call it down here, or be creative and think of your own event)
- Give a gift in the name of “The Person Who Has It All” as a present, they will be recognized by ARISE.
- Talk to family and friends and ask them to donate.
- Contribute supplies.
Spread the News!!
- Say a prayer for ARISE…
- Talk about ARISE to your personal contacts with organizations, churches, professionals, family, and friends.
- Make a presentation to your community, peers, school, organization, or congregation about ARISE (if you need assistance just call us and we’ll help you out with materials, pictures and suggestions or ideas if you need them).
Keep In Touch!!
- Volunteer in the ARISE communities individually or with some friends and family…
- Sign up for a Service Learning Experience or the Border Witness Porgram individually or as a group …
- Log-On to the Ambassador Blog or just click here…
OR… You can jump start the Network of ARISE Ambassadors by doing all three!!
For further information, please contact Yolanda Moreno or Christy Alvarado at:
ARISE Mission Advancement
P.O. Box 778
Alamo, TX 78516
Tel. (956) 783-6959
Fax (956) 783-0274